Wednesday 4 May 2011

That’s it! It’s Official. We’re 10 Years Old.

May 4, 2011

Wow!  It doesn’t seem like a long time until you think of all of the changes that have happened in the last 10 years. So I went around the building to our team - some new and some, well, not so new and said, “We’re Ten Years Old – “What does that mean to you?”
First I asked Lori – Sales Associate.  “Being relatively new to the team, I’m always amazed when I’m talking to clients and hear over and over again, how much we’ve grown and that our clients feel like they’ve been a part of it because they’ve been with us since the beginning.  They’ve seen all the changes and they keep coming back.  I love that.”

Next I went to Debbie from our breakfast room.  “10 Years?  Hey, I just realized that I’ve been here for 3 years tomorrow.  Did that ever go quickly.  It’s been so much fun that I didn’t even notice it.”

I went for another little walk and came across Diane from our housekeeping department.  “You know what I really love.  It’s that no matter what’s happening or how busy everyone is, we always pull together.  I love the team spirit.  More like a family than a place to work.”

And then I found our General Manager, Kelly.  "It's hard to believe that its 10 years.  I can still remember my old office when I was with Destination St. John's, on the 2nd floor.  Hard to belive the office is now Rooms 201 and 203.  Every time I walk into those rooms with clients, I show them where my desk was!!!"
When I ran into Laurie and Tracey from our housekeeping department they also mentioned the team spirit here, “We laugh so much.  We’ve both worked here for a while now and some people have been here since the beginning.  Sometimes when that happens it gets kind of “stale” but not here.  We have too much fun.”
And what do I think?  Every day that I walk into the building I’m blown away by the fact that this building was almost demolished!  I'm so glad that it was saved and lovingly restored.  I’m just happy that I get to be a part of the its new history.

Finally, I’ll leave the last words to David because he’s been here from the beginning and seen it all.  When I asked him he said, “10 Years!  More than a quarter of my life!  I feel like I’ve been the lucky one.  It’s not often that you get a hotel “grow up” from the inside out.” 
Next week the blog continues.  Hope you’ll check back.

No comments:

Post a Comment